My Bank Products
Metcalf Bank Small Businesses Lending
- Metcalf Bank Small Business Checking Account
- Financing Small Business through Metcalf Bank
- Metcalf Bank Small Businesses Lending
- Metcalf Bank Business Lines of Credit
- Metcalf Bank Business Equipment Leasing
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans
- Metcalf Bank Business Credit Cards
Things are looking up for businesses that are ready to expand and in need of financing. With interest rates hovering near their historic lows, now may be the best opportunity to lower your overall financing costs. If your business is in need of working capital for expansion, acquisitions, equipment purchases, or simply to meet growing operating expenses, it would be worthwhile to review the different types of business loans we offer our business customers today.
Metcalf Bank Small Business Term Loans
The best way to take advantage of low interest rates is with term loans that have always been the commercial loan of choice for both borrowers and lenders. Because they are usually issued with fixed rates and monthly or quarterly repayment schedules, they provide businesses with predictability for cash management and financial projections. There are several varieties of small business term loans; the two most widely used are intermediate-term and long-term loans.
- Intermediate-term loans: With a maturity of three years or less, these loans are structured more like an installment loan with fixed monthly payments and in some cases, a balloon payment at the end. The actual length of the loan term is sometimes based on the useful life of the underlying asset that is being financed.
- Long-term loans: Loans with maturities of more than three years are considered to be long-term. Some maturities are as far out as 20 years, but most range between three and ten years. Generally, these loans require collateral, which is usually the assets of the business. Most arrangements require that the business put down as much as 20% towards the total amount of the small business term loan.
In both cases, small business term loans are best suited for small businesses that have achieved a certain level of financial stability and are seeking to expand their operations by constructing new facilities, buying an existing business, or making a substantial capital investment in equipment.
Our small business term loans offer long-term financing for larger investments, like equipment, commercial vehicles or other capital improvements.
Features & Benefits of Metcalf Bank small business term loans:
- Purchase fixed assets, restructure debt, or provide for ownership change and recapitalization
- Debt can be repaid over a longer term that more closely matches the useful life of the asset being purchased
- Longer repayment terms can be tied to your company's ability to generate cash, in case of a permanent line conversion or recapitalization
- Amortization and maturity dictated by purpose, usually not exceeding five years
- Variable or fixed interest rates
Metcalf Bank Agriculture Loans
Metcalf Bank offers a full range of lending products for agri-business and agricultural production. Some of the most common types of agriculture loans are for:
- Crop inputs
- Feeder livestock
- Breeding livestock
- Dairy cows
- Farm equipment
- Farm real estate
- Small acreage tracts
- Facilities for contract growers
- Financing for part-time farmers who have off-farm income
For borrowers who qualify, Metcalf Bank provides government guaranteed loans through several federal and state programs such as the Rural Development, Linked Deposit, and Farm Service Agency (FSA) specialized programs.
- Farm Ownership Loans may be made to purchase farmland, construct or repair buildings and other fixtures, develop farmland to promote soil and water conservation, or to refinance debt.
- Operating Loan are used to purchase items needed for a successful farm operation. These may include:
- Farm equipment
- Farm chemicals
- Other operating expenses
- Minor improvements to buildings
- Costs associated with land and water development
- Family living expenses
- Refinancing debts under certain conditions
Real Estate Loans
Metcalf Bank offers a variety of commercial real estate loans to assist customers with their business and financial objectives. Our loan officers are experienced professionals who have the ability to structure a real estate transaction with terms that are specifically designed to accommodate the cash flow needs of your business. These include:
- Income Producing Properties
- Land Acquisition and Development
- Owner Occupied Business Properties
- Special Purpose Real Estate
Commercial Construction Loans
Finance all your construction needs with the added convenience of a loan that allows you to match the maturity of the note with the completion of the construction. Here’s what we offer:
- Loans to professional builders for the construction of single family, multi-family and commercial properties
- Our small business loan officers will provide assistance for borrowers in developing intermediate and permanent financing plans
Machinery and Equipment Loans
We make loans to finance all types of business needs including some of the most common machinery and equipment like:
- Commercial machinery
- Commercial vehicles
- Office equipment and furniture
- Computers and communications technology
- Heavy equipment
Because a significant amount of the costs can be recovered through depreciation allowances, the business should seek guidance from a tax professional to ensure they can take full advantage of available tax benefits.
If you are considering financing your small business expansion now or in the future with a small business loan, we encourage you to sit down with one of our small business lending specialists to discuss which loan options would best meet your needs. Contact one of our business specialists today to schedule your consultation. Call 1 (877) 554-5535 or visit your nearest Metcalf Bank branch.